Monday, February 8, 2016

Three of My Biggest Goals for 2016

My Three Biggest Goals of 2016


At the beginning of February I wrote 7 Tips for Setting Goals. I made that list of tips based off my experience working on my goals this year. As I mentioned then, I have a list of 52 Goals in 52 Weeks that I'm trying to complete, with the dealing being the end of 2016. It has big goals and small goals, so I need to stay organized to make sure I focus on different goals at different times and take steps to get it all done.

Today I want to talk about 3 of my bigger goals from that list, and what steps I'm taking to complete these goals.

1. Write a Book

My Three Biggest Goals of 2016


Something almost no one knows about me is that I used to love to write. Starting around the time I was 10 years old, I started writing. Mostly sappy, sad little love stories. In 2001, I started writing a story that has been with me ever since. 15 years! I named one of my main characters, a male, Kelley because of my then obsession with Chris Klein and the movie Here on Earth. I've been writing small parts of that story for years but have never done an actual full draft of the story. The story also needs a ton of work as most of the ideas for it were thought up when I was a teenager. My goal is to have a full rough draft of this novel by the end of 2016.

Sub-goals (so far):

- Write 1000 words per week
- Read 'Emotion Amplifiers' e-book

Progress:

- Wrote 885 words week one
- Came up with a lot of good ideas for changes
- Started outline for the first section of the book


2. Start and Grow a Blog

Three Biggest Goals of 2016 by Coffee Brain Blog


I haven't set very specific goals on this yet, but I want my blog to be helpful to others and fun for me. One week ago, I made my first real post: 7 Tips for Setting Goals and my second post was Why We Need More Honest Parenting Stories. I'm still working on post ideas and what things I enjoy writing about. I hope they'll all come together

Sub-goals:

- Work on blog design
- Start a binder or notebook for blog ideas
- Write, write, write.

Progress: 

- Two posts down so far.


5. Grow my personal Twitter to 200 followers

Three Biggest Goals of 2016 by Coffee Brain Blog


I started February 1st with 33 Twitter followers and I'm already up 15. I'd say that's decent progress for a week. 

Sub-goals:

- Tweet
- Retweet
- Converse
- Follow interesting people

Progress:

- As I mentioned, up 15 more followers in a week. Not bad.



So I'd say overall things are going well so far. I'm definitely keeping myself busy with the first two goals, but I'm really enjoying myself with both. 


What are currently your biggest goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...